Every solid blogger knows that one of the aspects of creating content that has potential of going viral or of at least being seen as valuable to readers is that the content must engage the readers.
- Engaging your readers is all about making them want and actually comment because they feel they have to.
- Engaging your readers is about stimulating and inspiring them to go out and look into the topic even more, or write a post on what was grasped from your post.
- Engaging your readers is leading them to share your content – and not by showing popups in their face.
If you are not seeing any of these results, it means you are not engaging readers, which means you are not doing something right.
- Are you using images? It’s been proven time and time again that most people don’t read the entire post (even this gnarly infographic shows you that).
- Are you interacting with readers? No one likes a blogger that only cares for him/herself. Be social on social media and inside your blog – by mentioning others or interacting in the comments area.
- Are you just reporting the news? Everyone knows that there are updates to SEO – don’t just report it, rather explain the difference or give the post some type of added value.
- Is your blog full of advertisements? It’s very funny when I try to visit a blog, but before that I am directed to an advertisement. Unless your Forbes, don’t try this.
- Are you selling your audience for sponsored content? Stay true to the readers that got you this far by writing honest reviews and only taking money for things you honestly believe are or can be helpful.